2006 – the premise for the Association’s establishment: the Pharmaceutical Congress in Cluj. The guest of honor, Jacqueline Surugue (then, The President of EAHP) suggested the creation of an organization for hospital pharmacists, following European models.
2007 – The National Association of Hospital Pharmacist in Romania is founded.
2013 (June) – NAHP becomes a member of The European Association of Hospital Pharmacists (EAHP);
2015 (June) – the Association becomes a member of The National Board of Healthcare Management;
2015 (September) – the Association joins the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP);
B. Primary objectives
– the establishment of hospital pharmacy as a study field, which includes clinical pharmacy and pharmacy administration;
– the continuous education of our members;
– bringing the existing legislation regarding hospital pharmacy up to date with European standards.
C. Management and members
2007 – 2012 – the first Chairman: Mariana Andrieș, primary pharmacist, Chief Pharmacist at The Gastroenterology and Hepathology Institute „Profesor Doctor Octavian Fodor”, Cluj.
2012 – to present day – Chairman Ioan Antofie, primary pharmacist, Chief Pharmacist at The Clinical Hospital CF, Cluj-Napoca.
Number of members: 103
D. Congresses and national symposiums
2014 (September) – Pharmaceutical Congress (Iași) and the first Hopsital Pharmacists Symposium in Romania;
2015 (October) – The National Hospital Pharmacy Conference (Iași).
E. Round tables and regional meetings
– March 11th, 2015 – Târgu-Mureș
-March 18th, 2015 – Timișoara
– April 29th, 2015 – Craiova
– July, 27-28th, 2015 – Bucharest (the opening of the subsidiary in Bucharest)
– November 11th, 2015 – Timișoara
F. International cooperation and recommendations
– 2013 – following a meeting with Ioan Antofie, The Association’s Chairman, Jacqueline Sugurue supports the efforts for affiliating to EAHP. Later, she also contributes to the affiliation to FIP.
– 2014 – Jacqueline Surugue and Joan Peppard (the Chairman of EAHP) were the guests of honor at the Pharmaceutical Congress.
G. Complementary activities
– 2015 (April) – following an initiative proposed by The National Association of Hopsital Pharmacists, The National Union of Pharmacists in Romania is created.
The Union’s objective: the wages of hospital pharmacists, pharmacists in general and pharmacy assistants, both in public and private sectors.